Agricultural Animal Production
The EPA has proposed changes that will fundamentally impact how Agricultural Producers conduct rodent control, effectively eliminating responsible usage of the most successful form of rodent control... rodenticides.
ALL Bulk Rodenticides (4lbs. and up), will become RESTRICED USE PESTICIDES (RUPs).
WITH THIS CHANGE, PRODUCERS WILL FACE A VARIETY OF NEW CHALLENGES
- Use of applicators to administer RUPs will increase biosecurity risks and drive up costs
- RUP status for rodenticides means your costs to maintain control will increase dramatically... directly affecting food prices
- RUPs require tracking, monitoring and reporting to regulators
- Licenses will be mandatory in order to purchase or use RUPs
- Your ability to hire or develop personnel to get and maintain licenses will be a labor nightmare
Each year, rodents continue to increase in population and wreak havoc on farms, destroying buildings, equipment, and contaminating food.
THIS WILL MAKE IT WORSE!
Producer's Worst Nightmare
Rodent populations & food contamination are increasing – RUPs will make it worse!
BE PREPARED TO PAY MORE MONEY
Required Licenses & Expensive Turnover OR Potential Biosecurity Contamination